- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon (3ml) cumin seeds
- 1 (28oz.) can whole plum tomatoes with juices, coarsely chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 5 oz. (150g) buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 4-6 eggs
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Drizzle oil in a skillet and heat. Add peppers and onion and cook until onion starts to soften.
- Add garlic.
- Add spices. Stir to combine with oil and let cook for a few minutes.
- Pour tomatoes into skillet and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Make wells in the mixture, and break eggs into wells.
- Place slices of mozzarella in between eggs.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Top with cilantro.