Good scrambled eggs hardly need anything added to them, but sometimes these are nice for a change, for brunch or for supper on the sofa.
- 4 free range eggs, best quality possible
- 4 tbsp milk (a little cream mixed with the milk is, of course, divine!)
- Salt and pepper
- 15g (1/2 oz butter)
- 50-75g (2-3oz) smoked salmon, chopped (the trimmings are perfect)
- 1 tsp chopped chives or parsley-optional
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and some salt (not too much as the smoked salmon can be salty)and pepper, and whisk for about 10 seconds.
- Put the butter into a cold saucepan, add the egg mixture and stir continuously with a wooden spoon over a low heat until the mixture looks scrambled but still soft and creamy.
- Stir in the smoked salmon and chives, test for salt and pepper and serve!!