PREP TIME: 10
COOK TIME: 30
SERVES: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Clean and trim the asparagus by breaking off 1 asparagus end at its natural breaking point and lining up the tip end next to the remaining stalks. Trim them to the broken asparagus’ length. Compost the woody ends. Lay the asparagus out on a rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place them in the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until tips are browned and starting to crisp.
- In a small cup, crack each egg. Add each egg to a mixing bowl, stir in the milk, and season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg mixture with a whisk, in a figure 8 pattern until the ingredients are completely blended together. In a nonstick saute pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once butter has melted, add the eggs and cook over low heat, stirring gently with a silicone spatula. Keep the eggs moving, continuing to cook until they are cooked but soft, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Warm the serving platter or serving plates in a preheated low temperature oven, or microwave the plate for 6 to 10 seconds. Scatter roasted asparagus on the heated plate, and spoon the scrambled eggs over the asparagus. Eat immediately and enjoy!