This week Hilary Biller shows you how to create a delicious seafood dish – Paella on the skottel that will have your family and friends begging for more!
- 1 x 400g hake medallions
- Olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large green and red pepper, cut into blocks
- 500ml (2cups) rice
- 60ml (4tbsp) dry white wine
- 1 litre fish or chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of saffron soaked in 50ml hot water
- 1 packet seafood mix
- 300g prawns with their shell on, deveined
- 1 packet mussels
- 125ml (1/2 cup) frozen peas
- Cube the hake. Preheat the skottel and add a splash of olive oil. Add half the fish and lightly brown.
- Repeat with remaining fish adding more oil if necessary. Set the hake aside.
- Fry the chorizo slices on both sides and set aside. Then fry the onions, garlic and peppers till soft.
- Add the raw rice and stir until coated with oil. Pour over the wine and allow to sizzle. Pour over ¾ of the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Season generously and add the saffron and water.
- Cook the rice adding more stock if necessary and cook until the rice is tender.
- Return the hake to the skottel, add the seafood mix, prawns, mussels and peas and cook for a further 8- 10 minutes until everything is just cooked through.
- Serve with a salad and some crusty bread.