This week Hilary Biller turns convenient, sustainable, frozen fish into a dinner fit for a king.
- 1 Box Sea Harvest Hake Medallions
- 1 jar piquantè peppers
- 1 tub feta cheese
- 2 peppers (red, green or yellow or a mix)
- Wooden kebab skewers soaked in water
- For The Spicy Rice
- 1 cup rice cooked with ½ tsp turmeric or rice spice
- 3 Spring onions, sliced
- 1 red/yellow pepper finely diced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the feta cheese into blocks and stuff the piquantè peppers .
- Slice the Hake Medallions into bite size chunks.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers and slice into pieces.
- Assemble the kebabs alternating a piece of fish, a stuffed piquantè pepper and a piece of the other pepper until the skewer is full.
- Brush the kebabs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over a medium heat until the fish is opaque and slightly charred on the edges.
- Remember to baste the kebabs each time you turn them.
- Serve on a bed of spicy rice with a wedge of fresh lemon.
- This recipe makes 6 kebabs.
- For the spicey rice:
- Lightly fry the spring onions and peppers in a little olive oil until tender.
- Add the cooked rice and heat through.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.