Angel Fish and Orange Salad
Grilled angelfish with tartare sauce and citrus salad
- 6 – 8 angel fish fillets
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Tartare sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium gherkins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- For the Citrus Salad
- 1 packet baby spinach leaves
- 1 packet curly leaf lettuce
- 3 oranges
- Onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Lay the Angelfish fillets out on a braai grid and season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Place the grid over a hot fire and cook the fish on both sides until just opaque. Don’t cook beyond this point as the fish may become dry.
- Once cooked, remove from the coals and immediately squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fillets and garnish with a few capers.
- For the tartar sauce, finely chop the onion, capers and gherkins and add to the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the citrus salad, combine the lettuce and spinach leaves in a bowl. Peel and slice the oranges and lay on top of the leaves.
Add a few thinly sliced pieces of onion.
- Dress the salad with fresh squeezed orange juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.