Sauteed Asian Mixed Beans
Chef Emeril Lagasse is always thinking about new ingredients, produce, meats and foods and how he can put them together in new ways. Watch as chef takes a cornucopia of fresh ingredients and makes dishes that will give you inspiration, guidance, technique and style to create plates of perfection for you and your family. Ground chicken lettuce wraps with flavors of ginger and sriracha? Yes! Red wine marinated escargot with herb compound butter? Believe it! Seared mint lamb chops with a organic tomato Greek salad? Uh huh! A Mediterranean salt crusted whole fish with orange zest and rosemary? Of course! It’s Emeril Lagasse and it’s all Fresh Food Fast!
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook: 14 minutes Total: 34 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium red bliss potato, cut into large dice
- 1 1/2 pounds wax beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat a covered saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and ground pork. Season the pork with salt and pepper and saute the meat breaking it up with a cooking utensil, 3 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, potato, wax beans, green beans, and broth. Stir to combine, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the hoisin and soy and serve.