Pan Rushed Salmon with Three Tomatoes
Discover a new way to bring salmon to your table with Pan Rushed Salmon with Three Tomatoes and Pan Rushed Salmon with Bacon Clam Chowder. Learn a new twist on classic house salads; Salad Episode 1 and Harvest Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4- six oz salmon fillets
- a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- a splash of extra vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of canned whole tomatoes
- 1 pint of ripe cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup of dried tomato
- 1 Tbsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of salt
- a dash of pepper
- ¼ cup of fresh oregano
- Match a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper, then sear until lightly browned on each side, flipping carefully, 3 or 4 minutes per side. Place the seared salmon on a clean plate and cover lightly with foil.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and lightly sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the whole tomatoes, hand crushing as you go. Add the cherry and dried tomatoes, oregano, salt & pepper. Bring the works to a simmer and cook gently, awakening and blending the sauces flavours, 2 or 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to a low simmer, carefully nestle the fillets into the sauce and cover tightly creating a mini oven. Cook gently until the salmon cooks through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Plate the salmon, top with the sauce and garnish with the freshly chopped oregano. Serve and share.