Salad with Beetroot, Goat’s cheese
Salad with Beetroot, Goat’s cheese and Toasted Hazlenuts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 4 small cooked and peeled beetroot (about 150g/6ozs altogether) cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) dice
- 40g (1 1/2ozs) roasted and roughly chopped hazlenuts
- 4 handfuls of salad leaves
- 150g (6ozs) soft goat’s cheese
For the dressing mix together the vinegar and the olive oil, and season to taste.
- Place the chopped beetroot and the chopped hazlenuts in a bowl, drizzle with three quarters of the dressing, season and toss.
- Place the salad leaves in a big bowl and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- Place on one big serving plate or divide between individual plates.
- Scatter the leaves with the beetroot and the hazelnuts, then break the goat’s cheese into small pieces and arrange over the salad.