Darina and her brother, Rory O’Connell tasted something like this in Italy where it is quite common to drizzle your cheese with some honey .This has to be the simplest, but most divine salad. Assemble it at the last moment; it only takes a second. Normally served as a starter, but sometimes if I have been eating all day and just want something really light for supper, this is perfect.
- 4 handfuls of rocket leaves
- 200g soft goats’ cheese (I love Ardsallagh)
- 1 tbsp good honey
- Freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt (Maldon, if possible)
- a drizzle of your best olive oil
- 1 wedge of lemon
- Divide the rocket leaves between 4 plates, or 1 large serving plate.
- Break up the goat cheese into rough 2cm pieces, and scatter on top of the leaves, then drizzle each plate with 1 tsp honey and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve straight away!