Sake Lemongrass Mussels:
- 2 lb (900 g) Fresh mussels
- 2 cups Cooked rice noodles
- Canola oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) Sake
- Green onion (for garnish)
- Lime, juice only (for garnish)
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Ginger, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Dried Red chilli
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Mirin
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Peanuts chopped
- 4 Tbsp (60ml) Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Medium carrots, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Sesame oil
- Combine ginger, red chilli, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, crushed peanuts, and canola oil in a bowl. Whisk all together and add chopped cilantro and matchstick carrots.
- Scrub the mussels under cool water, discarding any with broken or cracked shells.
- Pour boiled water over a bowl of rice noodles and set aside.
- Oil a heated wok. On medium heat add lemongrass and a pinch of salt. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until Once vegetables have started to crisp/once translucent, add the mussels. Pour in the sake and cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the mussels open.
- Use tongs to transfer the warm rice noodles to the vinaigrette bowl. Toss all together.
- Remove mussel meat from shells, and add to the noodles and vinaigrette. Mix all together.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with peanuts, green onion, and fresh lime juice.