- A few leaves of fresh sage
- Splash of olive oil
- Flaked sea salt
- Olive oil, for frying tofu
- 1 block pressed extra-firm tofu, cut into large pieces
- Put a splash of olive oil in a skillet and heat.
- Using tongs, place sage leaves into skillet, giving room between them. Fry until crisp, just a few seconds.
- Flip and fry the other side.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Take a pinch of flaked sea salt and crush it over the leaves.
- Drizzle more olive oil in the same frying pan and heat.
- Add pieces of tofu. Make sure they do not touch.
- Fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip and fry the other side.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve fried tofu and sage with heirloom carrots with rosemary balsamic demi-glace