Saffron Tikka Kebabs
- 750g chicken fillet, cut into large chunks,
- Large pinch of saffron
- 80ml boiled water
- 2 onions, grated
- 15ml fresh thyme leaves
- 45ml Magic Masala or any fragrant rub
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- Salt, to season
- Sunflower oil, to drizzle
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the saffron strands and leave it to cool slightly.
- Crumble the strands using your fingertips and top with boiled water.
- Leave to infuse for a few minutes.
- Grate the onions and place them in a strainer.
- Press the pulp down using your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Reserve the liquid and discard the pulp.
- Pour the onion juice over the chicken pieces.
- Add the fresh thyme leaves, Magic Masala and garlic.
- Pour the lemon juice into the marinade and season with salt.
- Leave to marinate – if you are short on time 10 minutes will do but overnight works best especially if you are using chicken on the bone.
- Place a greased wire rack over a baking tray.
- Drizzle sunflower oil over the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the rack and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees celsius for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Garnish the cooked chicken with fresh coriander.