Rustic Summer Crumb Pasta
- 200g spaghetti
- 100g sourdough or crusty bread
- 8 sun-dried tomato halves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ Cup small basil leaves
- 1 small buffalo mozzarella, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Extra olive oil and finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the bread, tomato, garlic, salt, pepper and oil in the bowl of a food processor and process in short bursts until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the crumb mixture and cook, stirring, for 4–5 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- Toss the crumbs and basil with the pasta.
- Divide between serving bowls and top with the mozzarella.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra olive oil.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.