Rene Kalmer is a South African Olympic athlete and she’s joins Chef Bruno to cook a deliciously healthy rump steak salad with blanched tomato & herbs.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 500g rump steak cut 3 cm thick
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
- Zest from one organic lemon
- Zest from one organic orange
- 4 table spoons of soya sauce
- Chili at taste
- 1 table spoon of brown sugar
- 2 sliced red onions
- 10g of fresh ginger just crushed
- 10 table spoons of olive oil.
- Crushed black pepper.
- 4 tomatoes
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- orange segments and juice from the orange
- 1 table spoon Dijon mustard
- 100g feta cheese or similar, cubed
- 50g of rocket salad
- 6 table spoons of vegetal oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 baby corn
- Any kind of nuts you like (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- Baby leaf , spinach (optional)
The longer you marinate the meat, the tastier it will be when cooked.
For best results, marinate the meat for 10 – 12 hours.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and pour it into a plastic container, add the steak and cover it. Marinate for at least an hour if not longer.
- In a Tefal pot bring some water to boil.
- Cut a cross on top of the tomatoes and plunge them into boiling water during around 10 seconds.
- Cool them down in iced water to stop the cooking.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut in four and remove the seeds. Set aside.
- Turn on the Optigrill on red meat setting
- Cut the bell pepper in strips
- When Optigrill is ready, start to cook the meat until medium well.
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad together.
- Check the seasoning and plate up in a large salad bowl.
- When the meat is ready, slice it into strips and display it on top of the salad.
- Bon appétit!