- 8 Eggs at room temperature
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml) White sugar
- 1 ½ cups (350 ml) Sparkling rosé
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Cold 35% whipping cream
- 30g tin of sustainable Sturgeon caviar
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Prepare a double boiler – a metal or glass bowl over a pot of simmering water will work
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Place 8 egg yolks into double boiler and begin whisking. Be cautious not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble.
- Add 2 Tbsp (30 ml) sugar and whisk. Gradually, while whisking continuously, add ½ cup (120 ml) sparkling rosé and continue whisking and adding sugar and rose in stages until the mixture has doubled in size and is thick and soft, pale yellow.
- Remove from the double boiler and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Place cream into mixer and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold cold
- Place the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into champagne glasses.
- Top with caviar (about ½-1 tsp each glass) and garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Serve immediately.