Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
PREP TIME: 10
COOK TIME: 25
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus 2 teaspoons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch squared strips (fry shape) and put them into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, 1 tablespoon of oil, salt and pepper, to taste, the ground ginger and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking until reduced to a thick consistency.
- Remove from the heat, pour over the sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Rub 2 teaspoons of remaining vegetable oil on a rimmed non-stick baking sheet or use a silicone liner and omit oil.
- Arrange the sweet potato strips on the prepared baking sheet and bake until brown, about 25 minutes, turning after about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the potatoes to a serving dish. Eat and enjoy!