Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- 1 x 2kg whole butternut pumpkin
- 1 onion
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt
- 3½ cups (875ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sour cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Cut the pumpkin in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds. Place the pumpkin, cut-side up, and onion on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 55–60 minutes or until the pumpkin is just soft and starting to brown.
- Scoop the pumpkin out of the skin into a blender.
- Scoop the onion flesh away from its skin and add to the blender.
- Add 1 cup (250ml) of the chicken stock and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan, add remaining stock, cream and honey.
- Place over medium heat until soup is heated through.
- Serve with sour cream.