Roast Tomatoes with Crumbs and Thyme
- 6 large firm red tomatoes, halved
- 3 bushy sprigs of thyme
- 85ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 85g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 6-8 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Lay the tomatoes cut-side up in a shallow baking dish or roasting tin.
- Remove the thyme leaves from their stems and put them in a small mixing bowl with the oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir the breadcrumbs into the oil with the anchovies. Spoon this mixture over the tomatoes and bake for 40 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender and the crumbs lightly crispy.
- Serve with crusty bread to mop up the lovely juices.