Roast Crown of Lamb
Roast crown of lamb with fresh rosemary served with Greek roast potatoes
- 1 crown of lamb with approximately 12-16 bones on the rack
- 6 whole peeled garlic cloves
- salt, cracked black pepper
- 150g salted butter
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- olive oil
- 12 baby potatoes
- Ask your butcher to prepare of premium crown of lamb for you, ensuring that the cutlet bones have been French trimmed, which will ensure that they are clean and neat.
- Preheat the oven to 190’C.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and pepper all over the lamb crown and crush the garlic, rubbing it all over the lamb and placing it into a deep roasting dish.
- Put the fresh rosemary and dollops of butter all over the meat and drizzle some olive oil over the lamb.
- Place the potatoes all around the bottom of the pan and season with salt, pepper and fresh rosemary.
- Place the lamb into the oven for about 45 minutes, brushing the meat with its own pan juices with a pastry brush every 15 minutes.
- Make sure to also turn the potatoes so that they cook evenly.
- Roast for about 45-50 minutes until the meat is golden brown and tender and the potatoes are soft and perfectly roasted.