Red Wine-Marinated Escargot Over Bowtie Pasta
Chef Emeril Lagasse is always thinking about new ingredients, produce, meats and foods and how he can put them together in new ways. Watch as chef takes a cornucopia of fresh ingredients and makes dishes that will give you inspiration, guidance, technique and style to create plates of perfection for you and your family. Ground chicken lettuce wraps with flavors of ginger and sriracha? Yes! Red wine marinated escargot with herb compound butter? Believe it! Seared mint lamb chops with a organic tomato Greek salad? Uh huh! A Mediterranean salt crusted whole fish with orange zest and rosemary? Of course! It’s Emeril Lagasse and it’s all Fresh Food Fast!
Prep time: 10 minutes Inactive Prep: 12 hours Cook: 3 minutes Total: 12 hours 13 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 jar escargots in brine, rinsed
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup red wine, plus red wine to marinate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 tablespoons herbed compound butter
- In a non-reactive bowl, add the escargots and 1 diced shallot and cover with wine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate overnight.
- Remove marinated escargots and allow to come to room temperature.
- Heat 4 individual cast iron dishes on burners over medium-high heat. Evenly divide olive oil, pasta, remaining shallot, garlic, parsley, 1/4 cup red wine and compound butter into pans. Using a slotted spoon strain the escargots from the marinade, discard the marinade and evenly divide the escargot among the pans. Cook the escargot for 3 minutes or until the butter has melted.
- Serve in pans.