Raw Slaw with Chervil Dressing
Pete visits an organic Kale farm for a chat with Australian Organic’s Andrew Monk, in an all-vegetarian episode. Meals include Kale Caesar Salad, Raw Slaw with Homemade Mayo, Cauliflower Tabouli, and Luke Hine’s Paleo Parfait.
Yield: 4 – 6
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Allergens: Egg (chervil dressing)
- 3 beetroot, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- ½ celeriac, julienned
- 1 kohlrabi, julienned
- 1 large handful of thinly sliced fennel
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large handfuls mint leaves, shredded
- 2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons chopped chervil
- 125 g (4 1/3 oz./ ½ cup) aioli (to make your own, see recipe)
- Place the beetroot, carrot, celeriac, kohlrabi, fennel and cabbage in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- To make the chervil dressing, combine the lemon juice, chervil and aioli in a bowl and mix well. Drain the vegetables and dry well with paper towel. Dry the bowl and replace the vegetables.
- When ready to serve, add salt and pepper to taste, add the herbs, lemon zest and chervil dressing to the vegetables. Toss well, pile onto plates and serve.