Raw Cauliflower Tabouli
Pete visits an organic Kale farm for a chat with Australian Organic’s Andrew Monk, in an all-vegetarian episode. Meals include Kale Caesar Salad, Raw Slaw with Homemade Mayo, Cauliflower Tabouli, and Luke Hine’s Paleo Parfait.
- ½ head of cauliflower (about 500 g), cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1 large fennel bulb, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 8 fresh okra pods, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 carrot, cut into batons 2 tomatoes, cut into large cubes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 125 ml (½ cup) lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground sumac, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place the cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor and process until it resembles coarse rice grains. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sumac and cumin and set aside.
- Combine the parsley, mint, fennel, onion, cucumber, okra, carrot and tomato with the cauliflower. Pour on the dressing and mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, then leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and a little extra sumac. Serve immediately.