- 1 x Fat Quarter Black Fabric
- 1 x Fat Quarter Multi-coloured Fabric (Batik works well)
- 16” sq. Batting
- 16” sq. Backing Fabric
- 16” sq. Applique Paper
- Black thread, clear thread, sharp scissors and safety pins
- Step 1: Choose design from various sources, e.g. Library, mosaic tiles, wrought iron works, etc.
- Step 2: Trace design onto appliqué paper with ruler, pencil and using eraser as necessary. A compass can help with drawing circles.
- Step 3: Choose back ground fabric which is bright and colourful.
- Step 4: Iron design drawn on appliqué paper onto black fabric.
- Step 5: Cut out shapes to leave design behind and peel off backing paper.
- Step 6: Iron design onto bright background fabric.
- Step 7: Cut batting to fit and using safety pins attach it to the design.
- Step 8: Zigzag with black thread along raw edges of black fabric.
- Step 9: Place backing fabric down on surface. Place stitched design on top and pin together. Stitch random designs to hold all three together.
- Step 10: Attach binding. Project complete. If you wish to hang design attach sleeve to the back.
Download the layout pattern here:
|stained-glass-layout.pdf ||36.9 KB|
Our Viewer’s Projects:
Hilda James sent in a picture of her quilted stained glass window wall hanging.
Well done Hilda!