Makes: 6 cups
CHEF’S TIP: Yoghurt takes the edge off the sharpness of the tomato. This soup can be refrigerated for at least 2-3 days before serving. Reheat on low heat so it does not curdle.
- 2 x 410g tins chopped Italian tomatoes
- 30ml olive oil
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 500ml vegetable stock (22.5ml stock powder) *
- 175ml thick plain yoghurt
- 10ml sugar
- coarse salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the chopped tomatoes in a small roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, place in a pot with the stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and then stir in the yoghurt.
- Add the sugar and adjust seasoning, then liquidise and serve immediately.
- I use vegetable or chicken stock powder to add flavour.
- More powder can be added if the soup needs more flavour.
© sharon glass 2012 | For more recipes: www.sharonglass.co.za