Save a trip to the restaurant by preparing Aida’s easy and delicious, spicy Mexican-inspired dishes. The menu includes Quesadillas With Jack and Spicy Saute, Roast Pork Loin With Sour Citrus Sauce and Cilantro Rice.
Yield: 6 quesadillas
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ease of Preparation: easy
Total Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 medium jalapenos, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced crosswise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium poblano peppers, quartered lengthwise, seeded, and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded jack cheese
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F and arrange 1 rack in top and a second rack in middle.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add onions, garlic, and jalapenos, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add poblanos and stir to coat. Add broth and cook until the liquid reduces enough to just coat the vegetables, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When pepper mixture is cool enough to handle, top 1 tortilla with 1/2 cup cheese and 1/6 of the pepper mixture, close with a second tortilla. Repeat to make 6 quesadillas.
- Arrange quesadillas on 2 baking sheets and place 1 sheet on top rack and another on middle rack. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Switch baking sheets and continue to cook until tortillas are golden-brown and crisp, about 5 more minutes.