Spices can transform any dish into a sensational culinary experience. Yudhika shows you how to add a bit of magic to your favourite veggies dishes with an Indian Vegetarian inspired Menu. She first prepares an Almond Crusted Paneer accompanied by a spicy Mint Chutney then a delicious Cauliflower & Pea curry, Creamy Potatoes with Spinach and these are served with Homemade Puri Bread.
- 500ml cake flour
- 5ml crushed black pepper
- 5ml crushed chilli flakes
- 30ml butter
- 30ml sunflower oil
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml boiled water, cooled until lukewarm
- Sunflower oil, to deep fry
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl then add the black pepper and red chilli flakes
- Add the oil, butter and salt.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into12 or 24 pieces (depending on the size) and then roll into a smooth ball.
- Flatten each portion of dough and fill with a little flour in the centre. Bring the edges together to enclose the flour and seal.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Take each piece, flatten and press into a disc.
- Sprinkle flour over the work surface and roll the discs into rounds.
- Pour sunflower oil into a small pot – it should be about 10cm deep.
- Heat the oil on medium.
- Fry the rounds one at a time turning after 30 seconds. It should puff up.
- Remove from oil when pale golden in colour and drain on a rack or in a large colander.