Provençal Salt Crusted Prawn with Béarnaise Sauce
Herb and Salt-Crusted Prawn
- 2 Tbsp equal parts Herbs de Provence (rosemary, oregano, tarragon, thyme)
- 5 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 lb (12/16 count) Prawn (shell on)
- 1 Lemon, sliced into wedges
- 4 large Egg yolks
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) Unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Tarragon leaf
- Chop herbs de Provence and mix with kosher salt.
- Make your Béarnaise sauce. Add 4 egg yolks, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a blender. Drizzle in melted butter while blitzing. Scoop mixture into a bowl and add tarragon.
- Place herbs and salt to hot cast-iron pan.
- Drizzle oil over the prawns (keep the shell on) , and sprinkle with pepper.
- Lay the prawns on top of herb-salt bed, pressing them lightly to get the salt to stick to the shell. Cook on medium high heat until pink. Flip and cook until done.
- Remove from the pan, giving it a light tap to shake off a bit of the salt. Serve with lemon wedges and béarnaise dipping sauce.