You will need:
|GST 18 Jigsaw||Supa wood 16 mm|
|Router plus parallel guide||Backing board – 700 x 500mm – 1 piece|
|PSR 18 Cordless drill||Shelf – 700 x 100mm – 1 piece|
|Spray Gun||shelf brackets 100 x 150mm – 2 pieces|
|PSR 18 Cordless drill||Letter holder sides 30 x 300mm – 2 pieces|
|PSR Select cordless screw driver||Letter holder slats (and bottom) 30 x 300mm – 5 pieces|
|Glue gun (NB make sure you have clear glue sticks to fit)||Letter holder top slat 50mm x 300mm – 1 piece|
|hooks/doorknobs (big enough to hang a jacket) – 4 pieces|
|Masonite 400 x 400 (pre painted as a black board)|
|.||3 x 30mm screws|
|all purpose primer – water based|
Wall hanger – we will use Supa wood from your workshop, the paint you already have. It’s just the hooks/doorknobs you will have to get. I’m almost sure you have something that we can use already at home.
NB – the black board needs to be made at least two days before so it can cure.
- Make the blackboard (we will have one pre made but still show them how we made it)
- Cut out the backing board
- Cut out shape for black board and router recess
- Make the letter holder part. (I’m not sure yet if we cut out of 1 solid plank or put smaller planks together) we can see on the day
- Make shelf and brackets
- Cut out frame for board
- Assemble shelf, backing board and frame.
- Sand and paint
- Attach letter holder
- Insert blackboard