There is nothing quite as decadent as a creamy slice of fresh cheesecake and this recipe will be a favourite among your friends and family. In a conventional oven the cheesecake needs to bake at 160 degree celcius for 1 hour
- 200g digestive biscuits, crushed
- grated rind and juice of a lemon
- 80g butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 500g thick cream cheese
- raspberries for decorating
- 125ml castor sugar
Preparation of cheesecake
- Combine the biscuits and melted butter and mix well.
- Press into the base of an 18cm spring form pan.
- Put in the freezer while you prepare the filing
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the lemon rind and juice
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the pan.
- Wrap the base and sides of the pan in a double layer of foil
- Cut a long foil strip to act as a handle to lower and raise the pan into the pressure cooker.
- Place the trivet into the pressure cooker.
- Add 500ml water.
- Lower the pan on to the trivet
- Seal the pressure cooker.
- Set it on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Quickly release the pressure after the time is up and remove the pan from the cooker using the foil handles
- Remove the foil from the pan.
- Blot up any liquid that may have formed on the surface of the cheesecake with paper towel. Refrigerate for a few hours until well chilled.
- Remove from the pan and place on a serving plate.
- Decorate with raspberries.