- 500-600g rump steak, scotch fillet or topside ,Jardim’s steak and Prego salt to taste
- 20 ml olive oil
- 20g butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 125ml white wine Piri-Piri chillies
- 4 Portuguese rolls, buttered.
- Slice the meat thinly. Season. Heat the oil, , garlic and bay leaf in a pan. Remove garlic and bay leaf.
- Fry the steaks to taste.
- Add the wine ,butter garlic and bay leaves to the pan and simmer until thick.
- Cut open the Portuguese rolls and dip the inside of each roll into the gravy.
- Place meat inside and close the roll to absorb the gravy