Servings: 8 | Prep Time: 20| Cook Time: 5| Skill Level: 1 (easy)
- 30 large green tiger prawns
- 3 lemons, halved
- Garden herb dressing
- 12 nasturtium leaves Any herbs that you have growing in the garden or that you can forage are good for this dressing, whatever you like.
- 12 garlic chives, roughly chopped
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- 2 coddled eggs [2 eggs boiled for 2 minutes and cooled in iced water]
- 1 heaped tsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, plus extra as necessary
For the garden herb dressing, place nasturtium leaves and chives into a mortar and pestle. Pound them down to a fine paste. Add some salt. Add coddled eggs and pound until combined. Then add mustard and vinegar. Slowly add the oil whilst mixing into the herb paste until thickened and emulsified. Season to taste. This dressing is best made just before serving.
For the prawns, place the lemon halves on a preheated bbq grill, cut-side down and cook until charred. Meanwhile, split the prawns in half lengthways. (keeping the head on, cut from the head to the tail to butterfly.) Devein. Place prawns on a preheated bbq grill and cook for about 3 minutes or until flesh is opaque. Season. Serve prawns with juice of lemons squeezed over with dressing to the side.