- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 4 green onions (scallions), finely sliced
- 10 large green (raw) prawns (shrimp), peeled and cleaned
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Soy and chilli sauces, to serve
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add half the sesame oil and half the egg and swirl to coat the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute or until the egg has set.
- Remove from pan, set aside and repeat with remaining egg and oil.
- Heat the frying pan over high heat.
- Add the vegetable oil, ginger, chilli and onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 2–3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Place the omelettes on serving plates and spoon over the rice mixture.
- Drizzle with soy and chilli sauces to serve.