Prawn and Basil Pâte
Makes 300ml (10fl ozs)
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 200g (8ozs) raw peeled prawns
- 50g (2ozs) sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan or frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add in the prawns, onions, garlic and chilli sauce and toss in the pan for about 3 or 4 minutes until the prawns are cooked through.
- Transfer to a food processor and whiz until the prawns are still a bit rough in texture and cool slightly.
- Add the cream cheese and pulse for a second until mixed.
- Turn out into a bowl and fold in the lime or lemon juice and chopped basil.
- Season to taste. Serve on brown bread or on toast or crackers.