Potato Skins With Soured Cream
Gizzi: “Potato skins are lower in calories than chips as less of the floury part of the potato is used. They are also baked rather than fried, saving lots of calories.”
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 3 medium baking potatoes, pricked
- 6 spritzes of olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 150ml pot of soured cream
- 1 tsp chives, snipped
How to make potato skins with soured cream and chives
1. Heat the oven to 180°C. Bake the potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes. Cool and cut each potato into 4 wedges. Scoop out most of the cooked potato (keep and use for mash or fishcakes – you can freeze it), leaving a shell of potato and skin about 8mm thick. Spritz with oil on both sides and season
2. Put on a baking tray, set on top of an oven tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
3. To make the dip, mix together the soured cream and chives. Serve the potato wedges with this dip.