Potato Cheddar Casserole
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cups half and half or 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of cream
- Sprinkled sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced or pureed
- 2 cups mild or medium cheddar, grated
- Preheat your oven to 325°.
- Preheat the potatoes to speed up the baking time.
- Put the sliced potatoes into a large saucepan with the salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic and cream.
- Gently toss to coat evenly.
- Bring to a boil for just a few moments.
- Once the potatoes are heated through they are ready for the oven.
- Pour the steaming hot potatoes into your favourite oven proof baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- The potatoes will be tender and the cheese bubbling and golden.