Pork with Orange Marsala Sauce
- 600 g fillet of pork (trimmed)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 3 tblsp marsala
- 1 red chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- olive oil, extra virgin
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Mix the garlic, orange zest, chilli, some salt and pepper with 2 tbsp olive oil and rub over the pork.
- On the hob, heat an oven proof frying pan or casserole dish with a little oil and sear the pork.
- Add the onions and a drizzle of olive oil. Add the marsala and 3 tbsp orange juice.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until the pork is cooked through. Remove the pork from the pan and place on a warm platter, covering with foil to rest.
- Place the pan on the hob, skim off any excess oil and add the remainder of the orange juice and stir. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice the pork, arranging it on a serving platter or individual plates, placing the onions on top and pour over the orange sauce.