Pork Loin with Stilton, Port & Honey Glaze
- 1kg pork loin rack
- 12 sprigs oregano
- 2 large sweet potatoes (kumara), peeled and quartered
- 150g stilton, thickly sliced
- port and honey glaze
- 1 cup (250ml) port
- ¼ cup (60ml) beef stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°). Score the skin of the pork at 1cm intervals using a sharp knife.
- Rub the skin with salt and place in a baking dish on top of the oregano.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C (350°F).
- Add the sweet potato to the pan and cook for a further 30 minutes or until pork is cooked to your liking.
- While the pork is roasting, make the port and honey glaze. Place the port, stock and honey in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow mixture to simmer for 12–15 minutes or until glaze is reduced and syrupy.
- To serve, slice the pork and place on serving plates with the sweet potato.
- Top the pork with the stilton and spoon over the port and honey glaze.