Pork And Fennel Meatballs
- 2½ teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 750g pork mince (ground pork)
- 100g piece flat pancetta, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Crusty bread, olive tapenade, sliced tomato and rocket (arugula) leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the fennel seeds and salt in a mortar and pestle and lightly crush.
- Place the breadcrumbs and milk in a bowl and stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the mince, pancetta, parsley and fennel-salt mixture and mix well for 2–3 minutes or until mixture comes together.
- Shape ⅓ cupfuls of the mixture into balls.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add a little oil to the pan and cook the meatballs, in batches, until well browned on all sides.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 5–7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve the meatballs with crusty bread, olive tapenade, sliced tomato and rocket leaves.