Porcini Salt Minute Steaks With Rösti
- 15g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 4 x 90g thin-cut beef fillet or sirloin steaks
- Olive oil, for brushing rösti
- 1 large potato (380g), peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 50g butter, melted
- Sea salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Place the porcini and salt in the bowl of a small food processor and process until mixture is a fine powder. Set aside.
- To make the rösti, place the potato, rosemary, butter and salt in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add a little oil and a quarter of the potato mixture.
- Spread the mixture to a thin pancake. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until crisp.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and keep warm.
- Brush the steaks with oil and sprinkle with porcini salt.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 1 minute each side. Serve with extra porcini salt and rösti.