- Garlic Oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Coarsely-chopped garlic
- 12 Large, unbroken dried corn husks
- 4 Red Sea Perch fillets, about ¼ lb (113 g) each
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Corn Salsa
- 8 cobs of Corn, grilled, kernels removed or (15 oz) can yellow corn or fresh, drained
- 1 Small red onion, finely chopped
- 4- 6 Large tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 5 Green onions, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Lime juice
- 1 (15 oz) can Black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Olive oil,
- 1 Bunch finely chopped cilantro
- Make the garlic oil. Blend the oil and garlic and let stand overnight. You if you short on time you can also place the peeled cloves of garlic from a full bulb into a pot, cover with olive oil and simmer over medium – low heat for 10-15 minutes until garlic starts to turn golden brown. Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F /165°C
- Soften husks in a pot of boiling water for 4 minutes. Remove husks to a plate lined with paper towel to drain and cool down.
- Sprinkle perch with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) of the garlic oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cut perch into 2×2 inch pieces.
- Lay husks on a flat surface and place a piece of perch in the centre of each husk. Wrap the husk over the perch so it is completely enclosed. If necessary, use 2 husks, ends overlapping. Hold husk wrapper in place by tying with a long, thin strip of leftover husk, or use string.
- Place the wrapped perch packages onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While they cook, prepare the salsa.
- Stir together the corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, green onion, red onion, bell pepper, garlic, lime juice, and oil in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove perch packages from oven and open up. Spoon corn salsa on top of perch, and serve.