Pepperoni Cheddar Meatloaf
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 head of finely minced garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of large flake oatmeal
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup of aged cheddar cheese, cubed into small 1/2” chunks
- 4 tablespoons of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1- 250 gram stick of pepperoni
- ½ cup of ketchup
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of your favourite hot sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375F and turn on your convection fan if you have one.
- In a small bowl, pour the milk over the oatmeal and let them stand for 10 minutes. In a large bowl mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, eggs, oregano, salt and pepper. Work in the cheese and the oatmeal mixture.
- Line a baking tray with parchment, tinfoil or a non-stick baking mat then freeform the meatloaf into a mound. Work the pepperoni stick into the center, surrounding it evenly with the meatloaf. Whisk together the glaze ingredients and pour or brush over the entire surface of the meatloaf. Bake until cooked through and delicious, 45 to 50 minutes. Slice, serve and share.
Alternate Twists & Serving Ideas:
Shape the mixture into large meatballs and place them on a parchment lined baking tray. Brush each meatball with glaze and bake until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Fit the meatloaf into a large skillet. Bake until cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes. Top with a thick layer of mashed potatoes. Slice into pie shaped wedges. Serve and share.
If you have any leftover meatloaf go for the ultimate sandwich! Start with two pieces of good bread, smear them with mayo and grainy mustard, then layer a thick slab of meatloaf, lettuce, tomato and maybe some cooked bacon if you’ve got some. Enjoy!