Penne With Basil Pesto
Yield: 4-6 servings
- For the Pesto:
- 2 large bunches of fresh basil
- 1 cup of pine nuts
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- For the Pasta:
- 1- 454 gram box of penne pasta
- 1/2 cup or so of reserved steaming hot cooking water
- For the Pesto: pulse all the ingredients together in your food processor or blender until they smoothly combine. Add a splash more olive oil if needed to get things moving.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water. Drain, reserving about a half cup of cooking water amongst the pasta.
- Toss and stir the freshly cooked, steaming hot pasta with all the pesto and about ½ cup of reserved cooking water. Serve and share.