Penne alla Vodka
- 1 tblsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tblsp tomato puree
- 4 tblsp water
- 4 tblsp Vodka
- 250 ml double cream
- 75 g freshly grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- 300 g penne
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Add the olive oil to a large frying pan, big enough to also hold the cooked pasta.
- Add the chilli, sauté for 1 to 2 minutes and add tomato puree and the 4 tsp of water.
- Simmer over low heat for 1-2 minutes stirring frequently with a wooden spoon to prevent it from sticking to the pan and burning. If need be, add more water.
- Add the cream to the tomato mixture, stirring. Add the vodka and simmer for about 3 minutes more.
- Drain pasta and transfer to pan with sauce, then add the parmesan cheese.
- Mix thoroughly, taste for seasoning and transfer to a warm bowl.