Peanut Butter Brownies
For lunch, Desiree serves up savoury, veggie-packed nori rolls, with a miso dipping sauce. Next up it’s time to bake. Desiree uses vitamin-packed coconut flour to create peanut butter brownies that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60ml) almond milk
- 2/3 cup (160ml) oat flour
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (2ml) salt
- ½ cup (120ml) cocoa powder
- ¾ cup (180ml) coconut sugar
- ½ cup (120ml) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (120ml) cacao nibs
- ¾ cup (180ml) smooth natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350oF (180oC).
- Crack eggs into bowl and beat. Add vanilla, almond milk, baking powder, salt, coconut sugar,
- melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, cacao nibs and stir to combine.
- Stir in oat flour.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared dish.
- Add peanut butter in spoonfuls.
- Run a knife through the batter to create swirls with the peanut butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in a greased baking pan.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.