Pea, mint and artichoke bruschette with pecorino
- 6 slices sourdough/ ciabatta, cut on the bias
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 100g fresh or prozen petit pois
- 1 jar prepared artichokes in olive oil, drained
- 50g grated pecorino cheese
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, washed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Boil the peas until tender.
Refresh in iced water to retain colour and cool.
Place in a food processor with the olive oil, pecorino and mint leaves.
Pulse briefly until a coarse paste is achieved. Stir in the juice of half a lemon and season with salt and pepper.
Check for seasoning.
Drizzle the bread on both sides with olive oil and toast on a hot, dry griddle pan until crisp and slightly charred.
While still hot rub the toasts with the cut garlic clove.
Spoon the topping onto the toasts.
Slice the artichockes into long slivers and place on top of the pea puree.
Garnish with mint leaves, pecorino shavings and a drizzle of olive oil.