Pea and Pesto Risotto
- 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tblsp Butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 400 g carnaroli rice
- 150 ml white wine
- 1.50 l chicken stock, heated to simmering
- 200 g frozen peas, defrosted
- 25 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tblsp good-quality pesto
- Heat a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and the knob of butter. When the butter is foaming, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until it’s beginning to soften.
- Add the garlic and rice and cook for a few minutes more, until the rice is shiny and opaque.
- Add the wine and simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat and add the hot stock a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly until each ladleful is absorbed.
- Adding the peas with the last ladle of stock, the rice should be creamy but still firm to the bite.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan and pesto. Season well and serve