It’s a coconut celebration today as Yudhika Sujanani prepares a scrumptious Asian feast. She starts off with a hearty Slow Cooked Asian Beef, fresh Marinated Asparagus served with an aromatic Coconut Scented Rice. For that sweet finish –a spicy Coconut & Lemon Grass Cake.
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 45ml desiccated coconut
- 375ml basmati rice
- 600ml water
- 150ml coconut milk
- Salt to season
- 250ml frozen peas
- Coriander, to garnish
- Heat the sunflower oil in a pot until warm (not hot). Add the desiccated coconut and stir to heat. Add the curry leaves and stir for a few seconds.
- Stir the basmati rice into the fried coconut. Add the water, coconut milk and salt. Reduce the heat to low and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Once the rice has steamed through, add the frozen peas and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Check the rice, ensuring it does not stick to the bottom of the pot and burn.
- Leave to stand for 2 – 3 minutes until heated through. Garnish with fresh coriander.