Servings: 10 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 1 hours | Skill Level: 1 (Easy)
Recipe by Merle Parish
- 6 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- 11⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 11⁄2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- whipped cream, to serve
- 1–2 passionfruit, to serve
- berries, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to very low (120°C). Grease a baking tray and line it with a sheet of baking paper. Draw a 22 cm circle on the back of the baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites and pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating between each addition until the sugar has dissolved. Keep adding and beating until the mixture is thick, white and glossy. Beat in the vinegar and corn flour.
- Use a large spoon to transfer the mixture to the baking tray, then shape into a 22 cm round. Bake for 11⁄2 hours, then turn off the oven, prop the door open slightly and leave to cool completely.
- When cool, top with whipped cream, berries and passionfruit.