- 200g fettuccine or thick pasta
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- ⅓ Cup (25g) finely grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4−6 slices prosciutto
- Extra finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8−10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain, return to the pan and place over low heat.
- Add the egg yolks, cream, parmesan, salt and pepper and stir for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and coated the pasta.
- Place on serving plates and top with torn pieces of prosciutto. Sprinkle with extra parmesan to serve.